Basil, for the untrained eye, which may come in handy if I can remember it's out there while I have a not-rotten tomato AND some mozzarella at.the.same.time.
.JPG)
Voila. My one G*d dang Mother effen Morning Glory. Just like freakin last time. Deer wait until one blooms and then Pounce! I know, I know put the vine where the deer can't get it right? Easy concept, difficult to execute.
.JPG)
Tada! This year we got stringle beans. We all tried them, raw. Yea, none of us like raw string beans. And well, after trying all of those, there weren't really enough left to cook up to feed a family of five. Maybe next year we'll do the what are they snap peas? The kind you only eat the peas inside, not the outside at all. Ooh actually I should get my hands on some of those now in fact since that's the way Brady likes to eat his cooked string beans. He's very handsy, while I know there's a better word for it. But yea, in the midst of still teaching good table manners we have to tell him every time just to eat the darn bean, "with a fork"! Sigh. So tiring. He eats them though right? You always have to look at the positive.
Back to those beans, or peas rather though. Are they just plain old peas? Or do they have another name? My Mom would know. See just that I don't like peas, but maybe I do like them, only raw. And we get annoyed when our kids get picky. Peas are really the only vegetable I don't like though. (A positive). In fact, I really wish I liked them. It would be a heck of a lot more enjoyable for me to be able to eat anything containing peas instead of picking each.one.out.
+(2).JPG)
Voila. My one G*d dang Mother effen Morning Glory. Just like freakin last time. Deer wait until one blooms and then Pounce! I know, I know put the vine where the deer can't get it right? Easy concept, difficult to execute.
Tada! This year we got stringle beans. We all tried them, raw. Yea, none of us like raw string beans. And well, after trying all of those, there weren't really enough left to cook up to feed a family of five. Maybe next year we'll do the what are they snap peas? The kind you only eat the peas inside, not the outside at all. Ooh actually I should get my hands on some of those now in fact since that's the way Brady likes to eat his cooked string beans. He's very handsy, while I know there's a better word for it. But yea, in the midst of still teaching good table manners we have to tell him every time just to eat the darn bean, "with a fork"! Sigh. So tiring. He eats them though right? You always have to look at the positive.
Back to those beans, or peas rather though. Are they just plain old peas? Or do they have another name? My Mom would know. See just that I don't like peas, but maybe I do like them, only raw. And we get annoyed when our kids get picky. Peas are really the only vegetable I don't like though. (A positive). In fact, I really wish I liked them. It would be a heck of a lot more enjoyable for me to be able to eat anything containing peas instead of picking each.one.out.
(click on for larger image)
So! Here's my garden (said with a straight face) from a few more steps back. Bwwaaahhh. Pathetic right? I am so not, I repeat I am not a green thumb. I will not give up trying though. Maybe one of these years I'll actually have the head/time for it. Actually, one of these years, I will have the head and time for it. I may need to live in a different house with a different and fenced in backyard, but some day.
So! Here's my garden (said with a straight face) from a few more steps back. Bwwaaahhh. Pathetic right? I am so not, I repeat I am not a green thumb. I will not give up trying though. Maybe one of these years I'll actually have the head/time for it. Actually, one of these years, I will have the head and time for it. I may need to live in a different house with a different and fenced in backyard, but some day.


1 comment:
You get an A+ just for trying and then another for taking the time to do it with your kids. They don't care that you got one bloom or 5 beans...they got to see the magic of it all!
Post a Comment