Brady received this hot new bike from Santa a while back. At the first sight of nice weather this year we took it out to try it on. It wasn't as easy as Aiden made it look I guess. Into the garage it went again, way back. Brady was never one for using the pedals on anything. Those first riding toys don't have pedals, then after moving onto tricycles he didn't use them either. Plus, he has had a hard time reaching them, as A did.
Very recently he became interested in trying again, yesterday was the second try (first with me). I had a lot of parental enjoyment from teaching A to ride. Granted with training wheels, but you have to start somewhere. Even though I know some kids learn by teaching themselves and may skip over training wheels altogether. Someone like Brett even, he's turned into our Dads telling stories of how when he was kid. "When I was a kid, Pop started me out on grass, held onto my bike seat just enough to give me one push then that was it. I either learned to pedal or I learned how to fall". Brett's job is no training wheels, or maybe not.
He got it! Turning, starting without a push, even the ol' standing up for more power. He's ubber proud.
This good day for Brady snuck up on us.


1 comment:
Yeahhhhhhhhh for Brady!
How PROUD he looks on his bike.
What fun.......
Post a Comment