Photobucket

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Morning Glories

Morning Glories are one of my favorite flowers (following hydrangeas if anyone's taking notes). Despite their simple beauty I think I like them bc I think they remind me of when I think my Mom had them when I was really young, I think. Don't you hate it when you don't know if a memory is real or not?

So this year when I saw seedlings of them sprouted at a local garden center I tried to pretend I inhereited my Mother's green thumb and set out to have some of my own to enjoy. Now the tick-infested rodents, we refer to as deer in these parts keep me from setting them anywhere but my overgrown, shady postage stamp-sized backyard on the moss covered deck in a planter nonetheless. Fine, I'll still take it.




So we're suddenly finding ourselves upon our first frost, and Brett delighted me with news that a flower had bloomed last week (see above). It's so pretty. Brought me so much happiness just in itself . THEN, he continued to say that there were a "bajillion buds" on it... :) Oh happy day!

Back to those darn deer. Well, the next day I went to look at mr. little-blue-flower and to see if anyone new had joined him, instead I saw the damn deer had finally introduced themselves. Yea, where there's not a whole lot of growth on the base of this vine is where they feasted. So now all I have left is whatever doesn't need any food in the next 2-3 days. Live and never learn.

No comments: