Saturday we planted tons of seeds. 3 out of the 4 packets I bought. 2 varieties of deer lovin' morning glories and hmm, how 'bout some green beans. A first for myself and I like to plant things the kids can eat just picked (knowing my capabilities of course). What I'd really LOVE is to put up one of those dog runs on the side of the house (keeps out deer, lots of sun, and a better view from the boys' bedrooms) and plant a garden in there. Baby steps I guess, some day. Couldn't find one used and I'm not purchasing one at full price.
I've been saving up all of our egg cartons for a few weeks so we planted in them. Oh and the marmallow containers. Oh shoot they have a different name, but that's what I mistakenly call them. I get them for the boys, especially Brett. You know marshmallow, cookie bottom?, chocolate covered. Only from Costco though-mucho cheaper. Rumor has it the boys' paternal grandmother loved them once too. Oooooh! Must check to see if Costco still has them as the woman has a birthday coming up (shh).
Well, all was said and done and I went to Brett like "ok! I need a place inside, near a window for the sun and out of reach from Colin...what can you do?" He impressively Macgyvered this rig complete with bungee cords holding the wood-childproofing from curious fingers.
I was beginning to think my brown thumb had once again failed me and right in front of my kids! ...until! this morn they started to sprout. YAY! Too bad I don't have a macro lens because I could have more fun than this with a macro lens. (Those in the know, throw me a comment with a lens link-maybe Brett'll see it).
So little boy got a treat with the nicer weather approaching.
Happy Belated Birthday. (clear throat) Happy 3.5yo Birthday Brady.
Brett set up his sandbox and he's like a kid in a sandbox, like a pig in poop. He talks about it all the time and plans for it "when I get home I'm gonna take my shoes off and go in the sandbox". Seeing how happy he is in it, and how perfect it is for him and how he doesn't tire of it and that it's exactly how I envisioned he would be -into it, I told him how we bought it for him knowing how much he'd love it. That it was for Him. Not too much is for Brady here. He told me "next he wants a dirt box and a grass box too".
Littlest boy's latest craze: the ball. "Ba, ba, ba, ba" "Ba, ba, ba" "Ba, ba, ba...."


No comments:
Post a Comment