Photobucket

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

it was a "HAPPY first day".






above was where i just about lost it.

I :: followed the bus
:: lost the bus (who loses a a big yellow school bus?!)
:: panicked when i saw the school had called while i was out (it was about forms)
:: almost got sick before it was realized he was in aftercare instead of with the kids who get picked up

then, when he replied "...Fantastic!" to a general inquiry about his day, that was when i actually did lose it.




we ditched B&C, picked up mema and heard about every detail of his day over ice cream.

as i told my friend, your oldest's first day of school is so not overrated.

5 comments:

Shannon A. and Shannon D. said...

Oh Kim! The pic of Brett, the I Love You sign and Aiden peeking through the window is the most precious and touching "first day" pic I have ever seen! You have such an eye!
How cute does A look in his uniform too!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome little man. I'm so proud of him. Can you believe, that I can, actually, picture the room and my first days in Mrs. Doran's kindergarten class at Rockaway Meadow School? (I'm 37 years old!) Learning the "Pledge of Allegiance" and nap times... (Wow...can't believe I can remember that.) I'm sure he'll have fond memories, as well.

- Uncle Kevin

Anonymous said...

OMG! BE STILL MY HEART... and falling tear.
"Another first" Seeing the glimmer in Aiden's eyes while telling his first day story was PRICELESS. He spoke with confidence, wonder and looking forward to tomorrow. WHAT A GIFT!

~ Hugs,
Mema

Anonymous said...

Aiden, you look so handsme in your school uniform...

How was your day? I am sure you will be a great student. I can't believe that your starting school...

Love Grandma

Julie ( THE Queen of TyPo'S) This chic can't spell!!! said...

Ok, that DID make me tear up a little! Great pictures to go with your story, once again! Glad you both survied!