Photobucket

Wednesday, July 09, 2008


Are these two too sexy for their new bathing suits or what?!
I know those two words should not be anywhere near each other, but oh well.



Colin is getting better at the beach with the "I wanna play with all the fun stuff everyone else has and nothing of what my Mom brings. Then when my Mom brings something she has that she leaves at home normally that I wanted to play with yesterday that belonged to someone else who let me play with it by the way (Mom says "No" usually), I decide I don't like playing with that anymore. It's so fun to do this to my Mom. It drives her nutty" phase. So we've been having our camp at the lake more often. Oh I never told you that story. Wait.

We've been the first people at the lake lately, early enough for those of us who enjoy it to drink our am coffee there. After dropping off the first born at camp, the other two and I head over. The lake is so much more fun and relaxing with only 2 too. And when you get there this early you win prizes! Yesterday we got a beach chair! Today Brady found a boogie board, a barely used bottle of Aveeno 45 SPF sunscreen, a not sure if it was opened already or not bag of minimuffins (made him chuck those), and a long, blue, foamy thing. Not sure of their official name nor if they are officially named.

This is one of the coveted toys Colin is sought after when we get there. And today he won one! Jackpot! Oh but then later this mean lady came to the lake and said it belonged to her, yeah right lady, and that her child really wanted it back. Whatever. In my book it's finders keepers losers weepers but if you're not a good loser than fine, here's your foamy thing back. Colin was ok with it too. He's maturing. I'm still not buying one though, trust me he'll no longer be interested. It's the chase.


Oh the camp story. A while ago Aiden asked me to tell him all about all the different camps he would be going to this summer. I went into lengthy detail during the course of our 20 minute drive to strawberry picking. I told him in chronological order, who else I knew would be attending each one, and if I'd be picking him up before lunch or right after. When I was done he was excited, I paused for a minute and then Brady spoke up. "Mom! Now tell me alllll about my camps!" Well, go into my body with daggers for nails and grab ahold of my heart, squeeze it, turn it and pull it out why don't you. I briefly gave him the answer Lord knows he did not want to hear about how he was too young for a camp still... The sadness that came over my Brady was none that I have ever seen in any of my children. Unlike when Uncle Kevin and Aunt Amanda say goodbye, or when they're told there's a conflict in the calendar and they can't attend a friend's birthday party, not even like when Mommy and Daddy are going out, and they're told they aren't coming. It was really very sad to see Brady's sadness, hiding his eyes and trying and failing to hold back his tears.

I pulled over immediately, took him out of his car seat, hugged him tight and told him then that we'd have our own camp. And so, we are.


4 comments:

michelle said...

Those "foamy things" here are called noodles, but I don't know if that's offical or not!!

Julie ( THE Queen of TyPo'S) This chic can't spell!!! said...

Back to the lake, FUN! Some really cool shots.

Kristen said...

Those suits are too cute!!!!

beck'sthree said...

Aww, talk about tugging at your heartstrings! You're a great mom to give B his own special camp. Looks like a good time was had by all. :)