Rainy day activities from last weekend.
Why do the boys act so surprised lately when I tell them to go outside even when it's raining?
Poor Colin back there, he doesn't always get to participate like he might like.
Colin's getting so big. He'll be officially 18 months tomorrow. Time to make that 18 month wellness visit then huh? I guess by me not making it thinking then it wouldn't really happen isn't going to work after all. I realized how big he is or that I'm just getting worse at laundry, just last night when folding 4-5 loads at 12am after having to resort some clothes from B's to C's pile and also A's to B's.
He has some new favorite things now that he's all of 18 months too. Let's see, roasted marshmallows are a big hit with him. He LOVES these, as anyone in their right mind would right? We typically roast them on Mema and Pop's grill after our frequent bbqs and at first glance of the bag yesterday he freaked to a near full out 18mo tantrum.
Like Daddy, like brothers, like son, one of his favorite places now too is the neighborhood "beer store". He gets all excited when we as little as enter the plaza it's in. He has recently graduated to getting his very own pretzel rod. No more a bite or two of a brother's, he's so proud.
Oh so did you notice the pants/shorts, skirt lookin' like things the boys were wearing when we had a water balloon fight? I made them. I finally sat down at my sewing machine a few weeks ago. Made myself get over my intimidation and made 3 bean bags (so not to be fought over), then some little bags from felt that they can hook through their belts and hang around their waists since they're always carrying little things around. Next, I came across a tutorial online for these bandanna shorts, mainly for a boy aged 4-10 which is why they're long (I'm a beginning here, bare with me) but what a perfect project. It took less than an hour from start to wear, perfect for a boy (or two), plus I have about 30 bandannas left over still from Aiden's cowboy themed 1st birthday party. Lastly, I made a ball, for my littlest ball lover.
Something I hadn't realized when I thought about learning to sew was how great it is to sew for the boys. They are so not perfectionists about my work! They don't care if the lines aren't straight, what stitch I use, that it looks so JV. They do get excited that Mom's sitting down to sew and try to guess what it'll be, pretend to do their own project next to me, give input on fabric choices, and boast to Daddy about what Mommy made for them, naturally loving being on the receiving end.


1 comment:
OMG, I love those shorts!!! I'll buy a pair if you make Autumn a pair. I'm still waiting on getting a sewing machine.
Post a Comment