I think I may have already found the right formula to our day which is key. Everyday includes an early playground run, but better yet a run at a playground early. Lately we've been heading to a park/playground in my bil/sil's hood and wreaking havoc over there.
Brady can find happiness in all that a playground offers. Colin's a TOTAL slide boy. Ever since Aiden was 5 months old, he's Loved the swings. He's at the age where he clearly can get up on even a high swing, start, pump and get off all by himself which is so great. Yet still every single time we're at a playground at some point he asks for (and gets) "a really big push and then (usually) 3 more pushes". Either I get him higher faster which he likes or it's the special attention. <---- that one.
So while each park/playground that we have available to us is unique in it's own way, this one gives a little more than just a swing, slide and climby things. This one they can run! They Love to run. Especially on baseball fields. We play a few pretend innings each time here and I still have yet to bat.
When they've ran the bases and made enough diving catches in the outfield to near exhaustion, it's onto the best for last where they pretend play a few slap shots and hat tricks in the ice rink. And then home for lunch.
I think this winter they might be ready to suit up for real.


No comments:
Post a Comment