Photobucket

Thursday, June 19, 2008

TODAY


Today was an exciting day. Uniforms and new cleats came.

Brett now qualifies for the 35 year and older town mushball (heavier and bigger than a softball) league so he joined this year.

The team he is playing for was without a sponsor as of a few weeks ago so Brett stepped up to the plate and said he would. Any excuse to be able to design the team's shirts and get the business name out among the locals. Oh, and order custom cleats from Nike since "he needed new ones that fit" anyway. The last organized ball he played was with me (!) back in B.C. (before children) when the company I worked for had a team.




First game is next week so we've been waiting for these and they arrived just in time.

Immediately after Brett showed us the shirts, Aiden asked if he could try on Brett's. Does Brett know these boys or what? He says to Aiden, "I don't know, this one may be more your size" and handed one to each Aiden and Brady. They were beaming to be in on these.

I figured it was the best time to take our annual (minus two years) anniversary photo.

What a difference 5 years makes.


July 2003

We only had one boy then and he was 8 months old. Brett was at least 2 pant sizes smaller. Ok fine, me too. I did not have the camera I do now, clearly. I worked f/t and he was home. His time was spent working on refinishing half of the basement while waiting ... for the phone to ring. The future had high expectations and a lot of uncertainty. We were excited.


July 2007

While the next five years still have their own uncertainty, excitement, and expectations, I can't imagine the changes being this great.

1 comment:

beck'sthree said...

Kim, congratulations on five years! I know that must feel like such an accomplishment. That, and the three children, of course! :)