Why do they call it that anyway? Dog days of summer, my Dad would know... certainly dogs dislike it more than us. Well they're here. It's hot. Honestly, how do Floridians deal? We're in full swing summer vacation mode now, it includes new rules and we have this heat to deal with already.
Rules:
- I'm not the cruise director all day, all summer.
- As usual, bored is not a word to be used in this house, if your feeling it find a book, Legos, draw a picture, go outside... Don't tell me about it or act it out.
- No tattling. Inform the offender what they're doing wrong and/work it out yourselves. I don't need to hear about it.
- Stop hurting yourself every 2 minutes, be more careful.
- No whining.
- Instead of Time Outs, chores will be handed out. I have a wooden floor screaming to be cleaned and I certainly, completely outnumbered will not be the only one cleaning in and around the toilet forever. You will learn sooner than later.
Two hours later we ran to the mall for a bit. Getting a jump on Aiden's uniform for September. We certainly don't need them yet and I'm not normally this on top of things but I wanted him to try the pants on so I'd know what size I could order online whenever. As guessed, he's the smallest they run, 4 slim! But he could get away with the regulars.
Who would have thought free a/c could have turned us into a downward spiral. Just being among that hazy, hot, humidity for a small fraction of the afternoon did us in. We came home cranky, hot, sticky, ornery, weak, and hungry. And with all of our new house rules broken. I think I even whined.
Wait, let's back up for a second.
Them at A's graduation last Friday.C donning his new get-up. It was his idea and we're keeping it. Within 20 minutes of wearing it, a neighbor kid hipchecked him and he landed on his head. Thank you Aiden's old bike helmet.
Another of this little boy's favorite things by the way, zorberts on his Ma!'s jiggly, post-3 kids belly. No other belly will do. He'll spend a grand old amount of time and expend an exorbitant or absorbent amount of saliva doing this activity daily. It's contagiously giggly to be a part of though.
Due to said humidity, we have curls galore in da house and it looks like all men are getting haircuts asap again. Damn it if I was in a Target today as planned, I may have bought the inevitable buzzer.
Colin in full-curls swing resembles my brother at this age. So much so I must go look for a baby picture of his and possibly show you. C has reminded me of UK since he was born but my goodness now. He's my daily reminder of Kev. :)


1 comment:
I have always thought C looked like Kevin, my mom thought I was nuts!
Post a Comment