Photobucket

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Baby deer, baby deer what do you see?



Aw I must admit they look so cute when first born. And when they're acting so silly like human toddlers jumping around, running ahead of their Moms, almost out in front of cars because they don't know any better yet and don't care. Hmm, never thought about how I have something in common with the dumb deer.

This time of year, every year Brett & I (and my parents 5 miles away) spy out the pregnant does. I do hate the idea of them multiplying, especially the ones who have twins (2 more?!) but I guess fine, that's nature. Just means for us more ticks, more possible run-ins while in the car, more roadkill to explain to the boys, no gardens or pretty flowers to plant... Still we spy them out and wonder if one will deliver on our yard this year. This little baby was left on our neighbor's yard ALL day this weekend. We kept watching to see if baby was sick and Mom left him or not, but by dinnertime, Mom returned, fawn nursed and both left.




This rat(fink) is stealing the birds' food of course.

I didn't get a picture of the darn bear who stole the food last week, the whole feeder actually! We didn't realize our NEW ONE was gone until 2 days later because of bad weather and us not looking/being outside. We're seeing a lot more bear in our area lately. We saw one with the boys the other night. They keep. talking. about. it.

No comments: