Photobucket

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Aiden and his class have been giving up the playground some days practicing for their preschool graduation. He never lets me in on any of the stuff they'll be doing though. He's always like this with every sing-song production they do (and it drives me crazy). I drilled him last week Well why is it a secret? Did your teachers say it was a secret and you can't tell me? I don't want that one time to be the only time I get to hear it. I'm going to ask your teacher when I see her next. Meanwhile I catch him in the rear view mirror clasping both his brothers' hands in his (he sits in the middle), raising theirs' and his up, and lowering them back down. "Is that a bow?" I ask. Again secretdom. He hums and sings to himself (often), "Is that a song for your graduation?" Nope, as he quiets.

Finally when I caught him singing spanishy as he called it when our neighbors moved in a year ago, he gave it up. (Oh and he no longer calls it that, he properly refers to it as Spanish now. Don't catch Mr. silly-goofy-not-the-best-manners-pants incorrectly pronouncing something.) I am so glad he did. Aren't (your) little kids singing the best sound? Singing really anything but it gets me every time when he sings something churchy.

Jesus loves the little children, All the children of the world.
Any color, black or white, All are precious in His sight,
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Then like I said in Spanish "Hey Seuss..." blah blah blah blah blah. I never took Spanish I was a French girl.

He has been counting down the days until graduation, declaring the day his, like it's his birthday or something. I keep telling him, as I well up, how I'm going to cry. Now when I pick him up each day, I ask him if they had rehearsal and he says something like " Oh Mom! We're doing another song, and it's really going to make you cry!"

No comments: