Photobucket

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Someone recently asked me "Do they fight a lot?" since her two boy/girl children have started to lately. I thought for a second and was really excited to answer her "No, they don't" adding "they have verbal fights and back seat he's touching me, they do need to be separated for preventative measures and my sanity at times but no, they don't". I'm thankful for that now too. I'm not that naive and do know that we're just not there yet but if I had fighting, the wrestling kind, amongst the natives daily now that would be too much I think.


In thinking about the future wrestling matches though I thought to myself where might Colin fit into the mix, as I assumed the original question was directed about Aiden & Brady. I wonder if I'll be surprised and/to find out that the fighting ends up occurring more between Brady and Colin.



My mind is really going there now. I can see Tag Team wrestling using actual teams (on one side at least, hey the tagger can be a floater) unlike when my brother and I had to pretend to "tag" our teammate. The rings' ropes will be the living room couch, down to the LL Bean rug mat. I imagine this will start, or at least be fun for everyone once the last is past the whining stage. There's no whining in wrestling.


Will I ever tell them about their Mom's patented Kim hold? Heck Colin may get flashbacks one day to now as I have had to use a version of it on him to dress him prebootcamp.

Lately more than ever I've been embracing my boys being boys. Before when I heard that phrase I heard a negative ring with it but now it makes me smile. I see more than ever, now that my boys are in school that boys aren't allowed to be boys anymore and damn it, how does anyone expect them to become men then?

No comments: