Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Ingredients:
1/4 cup uncooked elbow noodles
1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
some water
15-20 small pretzels
1 cup of vanilla pudding
1 cup of vanilla yogurt
3/4 stick of butter
1 mozzarella stick, sliced
some more water
1 chocolate donut, cut into pieces
1 container of leftover, not even would a baby eat, stage 2 guava babyfood
Using all your bigger utensils, mix, whisk, stir, beat, scoop up, drop into, splatter down all above ingredients one at a time into a large bowl for 30 minutes.
Pour "batter" into glass dish and bake for 15 minutes.

*I* made the mistake of asking them what they wanted to make. *I* got excited flipping through a cookbook to find I had the right ingredients for a decent apple dessert. They had ideas of their own.
I let them have at it most especially since this week has been one to be forgotten. Maybe some lessons could be learned from it but the cabin fever hit an all new high here and the worst came out of everyone, me included. I considered calling Supernanny but I think we have things under control now.
Aiden accepted my documenting the day today, saying how he was on a cooking show. Food Network is about the only tv I'll watch if we're going to watch a show together.
Once again, I found this a wee bit fun myself just watching. They were both taking themselves really seriously and having a ton of fun with the freedom. Aiden learned some things in the meantime. How shredding the mozzarella may have incorporated it better and not allowed it to get caught up in the whisk as much. This allowed me to explain the importance of a recipe and how they tell you the best ways to prepare your ingredients. He caught on when adding the donut and sliced that into smaller pieces. They both realized how there are better tools for certain jobs. Like using a cutting board, and how mixing especially wet ingredients doesn't work well in a colander. Dad wasn't thrilled to find we wasted a chocolate donut, Aiden pointed out how we have seven left. Good thing Dad wasn't home when we started.
Naturally, I made him clean up. I didn't have to twist his arm because he still finds it fun to wash stuff in the sink, more fun even when he feels he's contributing. Nevermind that I reloaded the dishwasher after he went to bed because he still doesn't have thoroughness perfected, plus the Guava reaked.
As I was letting Richter out I caught him from a different perspective. (And I scared him which we both had fun with).
Then I caught Colin in a cabinet he's not supposed to be in. CO-Lin!
Here's to beginning a new week. Even if it's an hour shorter.


6 comments:
Family togetherness magically was found and became a memory....
What fun! ~ Mema
Seriously.....Coolest Mom Of The Year!
Enjoy your beer, Hun! You deserve it!
I agree. Coolest mom because of capturing that, letting them do it AND sharing it with us! Love it!
Did you eat it??????
as aiden said "heck no!"
Darn, your family is so fun! I want to live at your house.
Seriously though I could just hang that picture of Brady up on my wall, OMG he is so cute!
Post a Comment