.jpg)
I loved word searches when I was younger. I bet if I had the time and did everything else I wanted to in that time and then was looking for something to do with all my freetime now that everything I wanted to do was done I'd still love doing these. I especially loved the ones that went the extra mile and got all crazy and the words would actually be like backwards, diagonally.
I am sure Brett hated these. I am sure he still hates these. I honestly don't know though but I would bet a lot of money that I am right. He grew up with teachers who said spelling didn't count... I grew up with teachers who got me excited about diagraming sentences. :) X amount of years later who is right? I don't know really. He gets by plenty well with his vocabulary so that if he needs to spell a word correctly that he is unsure of, to a customer or on a card for his has-dreamt-of-being-a-paid-proofreader-wife, he simply chooses another word. His first purchase when he tried a desk job before we got married was, ok third after suits and a car, was a pocket dictionary. Between spellcheck today and a cellphone call to me he does quite well and no one is any wiser. And yes, I told him never to mention those words around our children again. The ones his teacher spoke way back when.
Where was I? Oh yea. I have tried, not too hard but have shown, with enthusiam I might add Aiden these word searches. Actually I continue to everytime I come across them. The same way I do when I'm having sweet potatoes and the boys are mashed. Especially because I keep coming across these books, at CVS and AC Moore for really cheap with like 400 pages of these puzzles in them. Think of the time spent on these. Not to mention fun.
I came across this site tonight and you can make your own. Aha. Maybe this will help. I know he doesn't like them because all the words are so overwhleming since he can't read them. But this one I put a few simple sight words of his and maybe... just maybe...
We'll see how it goes tomorrow.


3 comments:
Thanks for the link. Kayla is doing word searches at school but it is a little boring for her because it is small words like: of, are, and
So I made her one with her spelling words this week - the colors of the rainbow.
I have been having a heck of a time finding word searches for kids in the store.
WHAT AN AWSOME SITE and a great introduction for all our wee ones, and one Brett may enjoy!
Way to go Kim.
Oh Kim! Thanks for that link! I'm bookmarking it as we speak. To make one for Tyler with his favorite words will be so cool to him.
Post a Comment