Photobucket

Sunday, March 16, 2008



Last week went A LOT better. Amazing what a difference of 10 degrees can do.

Brady even cut it out. He's turned over a new leaf, really the same old leaf but it turned it back over to the right side again. He's using his Pleases, he's telling me if I don't close a door or turn off a light when I leave the room, in our efforts to keep Colin out of harm and conserve energy (?) I suppose. Point being, he is on more of the right side of right and wrong lately. Granted he (and Aiden) did break my bracelet today pulling on it because no one would hand it over (to the other). BUT they did tell me that they broke it. So they do get points for honesty and remorse.



Last Friday we rented The Mighty Ducks from the library, (the library because once again we are so not up with things like Netflix or even Blockbuster for that matter; The Mighty Ducks for the same reason I guess). With it being a Lent Friday, we ordered pizza delivery reallllly early and ate by 5 (way early for us, although should become a new standard considering the 3 tired boys at that hour of everyday), and threw in the 1.5 hr movie with "popcorn and soda" of course for an on-time bedtime of about 7pm although they all thought they were up sooo late because it was so much longer past dinner. :P (I'm screwed when my children can read and tell time).

Colin was a banshee though, causing a ruckus (as usual) when we were trying to pay attention. This boy is going to be trouble I am beginning to think.



Earlier in the day we also crammed in some St Pat's preparations just so we could say we did as I am so not into it and Easter this year with them so back to back. I only like to think about one holiday at a time.






I Love these pictures of Brett with his parents. Really sweet I think. Just something about them for me. (Smooches Bigs).



And a sign of Spring, grass! The (older) boys and I have been discussing the signs of Spring. It's fun to think of new ones when you're conscience that your thinking of them. We've come up with snow melting, birds chirping, the sun shining (as if), Easter decorations, flowers (what are those?). But then we saw a few favorites we had forgotten. The street sweeper! I LOVE when the street sweeper shows himself each year. The streets, our cul-de-sac especially have so much gravel, dead leaves, and sand from the winter sanders on them I can hardly let an accident prone child outside because I know he'll slip within 5 minutes of his uncontrollable urge to run. Brett and I call each other to tell of a street sweeper siting as if it's a who-sees-him-first game. He's made the outer streets run so he should be coming down ours soon. A sign of spring!

Another was the local high school boy's baseball team running the other day! Yes. Another sign of Spring. Oh how I honestly would have llloved to have taken a picture of them, one just as I was seeing them, all in motion, kinda in a line, some side by side, most with baseball pants on so you knew it was the baseball team. (This coming from a girl who can smell softball season). I realized though (and didn't have my camera, plus it was a bit unsafe) that it may not have been appropriate. Another sign of Spring nonetheless. Ahhh.




Mrs. Cardinal and ha ha Ha ha ha, Woody the Woodpecker visited us today. =)

(Oh that just reminded me of another sign of Spring, termites. My neighbors have them every year and every year I fear them coming for a visit as well. Crossing fingers).



Mr. Richter made me say a few prayers for him this week. Not since the day my little Wynston left me 10 yrs ago did I pray for a dog last I think. Not even when Richter was at sleep away camp for a few days at the vet's after eating something(?) a few years back. I wasn't as worried then.

He only had to get put under to get an infected tooth or two pulled, but still. An eleven year old Weim getting put under makes me a little sad. He's doing great now though.


Peek-A-BOO!

No comments: