I had fun trying to get pictures of the birds this morning. I love getting a closer look at them. Normally they fly away too fast. Especially when a dog and 3 kids are right behind you.
.jpg)
The boys have been really good lately. I have to get that in when I can. We don't have any big issues we're working on right now. Of course we have typical stuff including a lot of fighting and instigating but I imagine we have only just begun with those.
Aiden & Brady are typically inseparable. I have to literally work at separating them each day because they may not know it but one can have too much of another sometimes. With all the eating and playing they do together, bedtimes, story times and swim class, combined with waking up in the same room together and then peeing together, yes, if I'm not up yet; they (I) need a break. Weeks ago I separated their baths and starting stretching them out really long as one way to get solo time.
Today though they did more than tolerate each other or be each other's partners in crime. B kindly got A's hat for him without being asked, A asked B if he'd like to sit next to him at mealtime instead of the usual safe distance across, they took turns nicely and voluntarily and didn't fight for mine or Brett's attention. There was like a force field connecting the two of them together outside all day. When I looked outside for one, I saw the two, on one end of the property or under a tree. They really may have that special bond after all that one could only hope brothers two years apart could have.
I then sometimes wonder where Colin will fit in. Will he have a special attachment to both of them equally? Will B flip flop and have a best friend in each one depending on who's doing what when? I see Aiden and Colin having a pretty cool connection too. One that only brothers who are 4 years apart can have. A maybe looking out more for C and C loving any minute A makes for him. A kinder, more forgiving and less competitive relationship. Even if it doesn't turn out any of these ways. This is how I see it right now. And it's really nice to see.
Colin's at the age where he knowingly does things he is not supposed to, slyly grins and looks for the attention being defiant brings. He enjoys going after shoes which forces us to corale them, pulling all the pillows off the couch then throwing himself onto those pillows with all reckloose. He can spot an unattended remote a mile away in the same fashion any 12-18 month old can naturally. His new thing while on tippytoes, is to stretch his fingers and arms up to feel if anything is in his reach at the edge of an end table or dining room table... And of course the ol' what's in this cabinet? oldy but goody. Silly boy today though was trying to open the wrong end of the cabinet and was unsuccessful.
I forget when Aiden started to hug but I remember him being a late kisser. Brady on the other hand, a lover by nature was advanced and an early kisser. He still gives the gentlest, most tender kisses and hugs. Col Pat is following in Big A's footsteps more so than B's in a lot of ways and one is his non kisses mentus. I then remembered when A's first kisses didn't seem so much like kisses because they were those first wet, open mouthed kisses. So C may in fact be doing that. As far as hugs go, Colin does this sweet as any little loving thing about 10-20 times a day especially to me where he just puts his head into or on you as if he was tired. He does this so often and at not so tired moments so today I wondered are these his first hugs? Then Brett brought up the fact that he does it to the couch as well so unless he loves the couch too, which maybe he does, then no.
In this lifetime or at least by the next I must have some type of silhouettes done professionally (because I ain't cutting it literally) of my children. I darn so love them.


4 comments:
Kim ~ You've captured awsome scenes of winter beauty! Frame It
Kim, I bet the couch doesn't feel any where near as good!
I agree with you on the relationship between A and C...my Sis is 4 years younger than me!
Oh and I love the cardinal pics! I've never seen one IRL before!!
I was trying to decide who A looks like, you or Brett. I'm still not sure, although, I'm sure there is an obvious answer. Anyway, I went back to look at your family picture from Halloween to compare. I accidentally went back to October 2006 - wow, a walk down memory lane! (You were p with C!) I can't believe how much everyone has changed!
Who do you think A looks like?
Thanks for sharing your blog & pictures, you do a great job!
Post a Comment