Photobucket

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

4 day weekends



banana bread on-wheels, kinda like meals on wheels, which I love. my Mom made this and it has finely chopped pecans in it, which for 2 reasons is why I think it's the best banana bread ever. 1.) pecans and 2.) finely chopped. the suggested serving is toasted with a little bit of powdered sugar or a little more than a little bit of powdered sugar.



the boys are off from school and regular scheduled routines again today. yesterday we went to the Big's and carried out one of many rituals on our way home, driving passed my old house. I lived here during years 7.5 - 18. The landscaping is very overgrown but doesn't look too bad since it's February. They still have our basketball hoop in the driveway. In the same driveway that had cactus' planted at the other end of the court. Low cactus' with beautiful yellow blooms each year and about a million of the tiniest prickers. So if you didn't get the rebound and the ball bounced a certain way you knew what you were getting instead. Back when I was little girl these hoops were put directly into the ground with cement rather than the moveable weighted down pole kind I now see all over. You had to really be into basketball back when we grew up I guess. My brother was. I stopped after 8th grade. I really upset my Dad by stopping. Looking back it may have been the most upset he was at me. Either that or it was the most disappointment he showed me. I realize now it must have been because that darn basketball hoop was so permanent.

looking at the house and minus the overground landscape, one might guess we still live there because the front door is painted again and a bright color nonetheless. My Dad did a lot of painting in that house. A reason I thought we were moving, we had exhausted all color options.



cupid came by on Valentine's Day with some cool stuff for the boys. so cool infact that the deer or possibly a squirrel, after looking at it's tracks broke open the candy box and rustled around the crayon box so much most of the tips broke off. rodents just trying to feel the love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AB&C take note..a little piece of that cactus in all its' beauty, can be seen during the summers' sun. And you too, beware of those millions of prickers!

Anonymous said...

I really think your older boys will find a special place in their hearts for C. xoxo, -KTB