Photobucket

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

This was the perfect answer to the what should we do this afternoon question as we had nothing planned. My day started way too early this morning and I knew I needed to get everyone out. Perfect timing on my part too as it is still November which means no long lines were involved. For the past 5 years we have gone to see the same nonmall Santa for numerous reasons so I was a bit leery at first. I mean some of them that they try to pass over on you, c'mon. I was pleasantly surprised with today's although we still may need to track down our other one because this guy wasn't much for talking and Aiden likes to have some lengthy chats with St. Nick.



Aiden & I came up with the good idea for him to hold Colin to ward off potential bloody murder screams. You can tell Brady is a big boy now all smiley on his own there. Last year he made me sit in too.


I got suckered into purchasing the picture though. So much for a free fun afternoon, but I figure it is a good memento. Santa right next to the Dollar Store is no coincidence either so the boys made out with $1 sword things each. They did cooperate well.

Oh I am so bummed. We have a 30'-40' evergreen tree on our front yard which for years Brett & I have talked about lighting in a neighborhood tree lighting ceremony. I had grand initial plans for this year's first annual event... We would need the professionals to come in though and they wanted a bit too much ($325) to do it. Bah Humbugs.

Rockefeller's Tree Lighting is tonight which I must say has improved greatly just last year from all the over hype in years past. Pretty nice weather for it too. That and we're tivoing Shrek's Christmas for Aiden. He heard in school today that Charlie Brown was on last night and we didn't tivo it for him. Doh! Tivo and the new generation. (shaking my head) At least he gets it now. Grandmas do not have Tivo. We do. Only in the living room though... The yellow button freezes it.

1 comment:

Mrs. Denten said...

Hi Kim! I am tagging you for a MEME! Check out my website for directions.

Love the pictures of the boys. Love them!