Photobucket

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Yesterday Colin got some solo Mommy and Daddy time, a real rarity and treat for all. Aunt Rara and Uncle Bob generously birthday gifted A&B a trip to Chuck E Cheeses. Brett, Colin and I whooped it up and enjoyed pizza by candlelight. Yea, not fun explaining why we can't turn stuff on to a 21mo old. The older boys really missed out on some storm induced power outage fun. They seriously love power outages. It was really a nice change for Colin especially, for it to be just us three. He soaked it all in and put on a little show for us with his cuteness and antics. At the end of the night I was reminded how we should do that more often, have someone take two of our children away from us more frequently.

CEC is another one of my Disneys. The boys know I'll never take them. I'm not that kind of fun Mom. I'm more of a natural, less expensive, less screaming children and flashing lights kinda fun Mom. So this was a really big treat, the kind that produces a daily countdown to game time. In Rara fashion, Aiden and Brady got all kinds of spoiled. From pizza, soda, and cotton candy to games, more candy and CEC hats. I asked Aiden what other kind of stuff CEC had to eat and he seriously said "candy, candy, and more candy". I then of course asked "any candy?" "Yea, some of that too." 4hours of constant fun later after being chauffeured off, at the boys' highest level of all sugar highs, they returned safely back to their legal guardians and probably didn't fall asleep until past 10. Hey, I have an idea maybe Aunt Rara and Uncle Bob will be the ones who get my kids to Disney someday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awh....We really did have a good time. Brady, probably the sweetest four year old on the planet, kept saying...This is so awesome....Aiden, who is so funny, kept saying....I want to live here!

Bob and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. We will defintely do it again when Colin can join us. Happy Birthday Boys!