Happy Tuesday.
Boys and I started emptying out some pumpkins yesterday after school. I love when I have great ideas. It was very smart of me to start yesterday instead of our typical dayish before H'ween. This year I told them to separate the seeds so I could cook them up, something I have always wanted to do. They spent a very long time making sure not one seed got in the guts bowl. Especially Brady, somehow I knew he'd be good at this. And even better, Colin stayed out of the mix because he wanted nothing to do with the insides of the pumpkin. Yuck as he says. I may have to get some video of that btw, it's good.
So I have a few questions, and yea no pictures. I get into picture taking funks sometimes and it seems I'm there presently where I cannot seem to get light to work with me. My questions. While I have a rough pumpkin seed recipe (slow baking with butter, add salt) do you have an ultimate one? AND more importantly, how do you eat them? I'm thinking you eat it in it's entirety because it's now cooked, but Brett's thinking they're like sunflower seeds... I'll continue on my way but I don't want to wake up with a stomachache or something worse tomorrow.
Speaking of waking up, and you'll have to trust me because again no pictures, but there was snow on the ground this morning. I don't ever remember snow here this early. Is this a sign of the winter ahead? If so, I may have to make plans to visit Unclekevinandamanda or something.
***********
Brady just nonchalantly picked something up off the floor and brought it to me asking if he could throw it out. It was a dead bug.


4 comments:
I did see a good recipe for the seeds and now I would have to find it. Maybe it was on allrecipes.com. I believe you eat the whole seed now that it's cook. I don't think you can really peel them apart like sunflowers. That's how we ate them as kids and I'm still around!
yep, eat the whole seed. Salt and butter is all I use too.
Hey Kim! We roasted two batches yesterday. On one I just drizzled some EVOO and then shook on seasoned salt and a little bit more plain salt. The other one I did EVOO, cinnamon sugar, pumpkin pie spice and a bit of salt. I roasted them in the oven (maybe at 300F?) until they looked lightly toasted and dry. The savoury ones turned out way better than the sweet. Eat 'em whole. They should taste "a bit nut-ty!".
Kimber,
I hope you've got a miserably long winter ahead of you, because Amanda & I would LOVE for you to visit. LOVE IT!
Uncle Kevin
Post a Comment