Photobucket

Monday, September 22, 2008




So yeah Brady's in school too. Above is Day 2. I took the obligatory pictures on Day 1 but we weren't home when I did so they kind of don't count (to me). Plus they didn't come out any better than Day 2's did, so be it.


B's in the same school, with the same teachers, and the same kids plus 4 more so it's pretty much like pressing Play to him. Do you still press play? Yes, I think, right? Typically musical references and wordplay are outdated, especially to my kids (like a broken record) so just making sure.


What is different this year, so far with B though are things like "the letter bucket" as I learned today. Every week a child gets to take it home with an assigned letter and fill it up with things from home that start with their letter. Aiden's class did this last year and I was not prepared for B to be there now too. He's very excited about that, and homework, and classroom jobs. All stuff I guess he heard Aiden talking about last year. Inevitably, he is getting older.





Apple alert: Made Easy-Apple-Cinnamon-Muffins (from Allrecipes.com, linking is not working) tonight, total recipe keeper. So happy I doubled the recipe, using up more apples. (I also replaced half the flour with whole wheat flour and half the sugar with brown just in case the amts scare you off from trying).

Since I'm sharing recipes, we enjoyed (Turkey) Meatball ABC soup (again from Allrecipes.com) for dinner tonight. Yea, I made dinner. Occassionally I do. Brett & I have still stuck with our wedding vows to each other, one being he'd cook and I'd foodshop and clean up after dinner. My 3 picky eaters didn't really eat period and will wake up hungry tomorrow but Brett and I really enjoyed it. I had all the ingredients on hand when I went searching for the recipe online at 5pm. Love when that happens as I might have mentioned before.

No comments: