Photobucket

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Over the weekend, we had a guest come and stay with us for a few days.

Right from the start the boys got along fabulously, Flat Jared and Brady especially bonded instantly.


We did our best to show him some local Jersey hot spots. We took him to the "shore", a baseball game, the diner and had him order Taylor Ham (you bet he loved it!), strawberry picking, around some jug handles, even getting gas turned into an event with FJ. NJ is one of only two states where it is illegal to pump your own. We're pretty proud of that and Flat Jared found it interesting. All the running around in the heat and the boys' favorite activity by far was simply playing cars. FJ was always such a good sport.


Here, FJ and Aiden are making silly faces for the camera. Put these two together and it's impossible to get anything that isn't silly out of them.


All good things do have to come to an end and yesterday was one good thing ending. Sadly, we had to say goodbye to Flat Jared and send him home to school as he'd been away for a while visiting others before us. We'll miss that fella.

3 comments:

Shannon A. and Shannon D. said...

I wonder if Fat Shannon could come spend some time at your place to experience Taylor ham, jughandles, and not having to pump her own gas!!

That's so crazy about the gas. I had an Aunt visiting a few months back and she asked me where the nearest full service gas station was and I couldn't tell her. I didn't know they still existed! Apparently they do.

michelle said...

You guys have so much fun. You are so darn creative, my kids want to live with you!! I wish we didn't have to pump our gas, it's one thing I try every way to avoid!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Just checking in on you guys...want to say Thank You so much for showing Flat Jared such a great time, from the looks of the pics I think everyone had a great time...thanks again!
Love Auntie Dor & Real Jared