- A birthday present from my brother & sil this year-3 boxes of different flavored fruit slices, the candy. Aren't weddings wonderful? Suddenly you get gifts again! I'm thankful that those fruit slices* are now all gone (!) and I can resume with wanting to jump on that eating better wagon. *Boys only ate 1 each.
- A birthday present I bought for myself, The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule. She's a real blogger, aka a lot of people read hers. She wrote this book to give others ideas about doing things with their children to encourage and enrich their creative side. I feel like this book was written For. Me. I love it...
- Aiden has show 'n tell this week, a sign of spring. I had him pick out (and resisted the urge to help him choose what I thought would be a good idea) what he was going to bring last night so that task was over and not left for this morning. In Aiden fashion he choose "a short sleeved shirt!". His plan is to "...just wear one to school and say 'this is my sign of spring, I'm wearing it'", one "...without a long sleeve under it...", and he'll "...wear a sweatshirt over it". The child LOVES short sleeves. I'm thankful that he has developed good communication and negotiation skills, and he is able to make some good decisions on his own. Kindergarten next year, here he comes (yikes!).
- A large Dunkin Donuts coffee run for this Friday morning.
- Some organization happening here. I love to organize things.
- Hearing Neil Diamond songs on American Idol this week, reminding me to pull his cds out.
- Hearing Neil Diamond say he 'loves what he does'. Hearing someone say that or give that advice has always set a spark off inside me as I would wonder what that would feel like to do something you love or to love what you do.... I was brought up to go into a profession where I would always be able to find a job. Great advice and I am thankful for that for sure. Although for the first time I realized wait, does not getting paid and loving what you do apply as well? if so, I am loving what I am doing right now in my life. I am so thankful for that.
Friday, May 02, 2008
Thankful Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Happy Belated K! -KTB
Post a Comment