You know how you plan for a day and how it's going to happen to find it doesn't ever happen that way? That's because plans are one thing and life is another, and the latter is what we're living so if life were to happen as planned it'd be called, something else like made up world or tv. Still I plan for things because sometimes some of real life plays out how you imagined. Like today.
Oh but first, let me start off by saying Brett was NF! (no fun). He was emphatic about not switching the boys last night, thinking it would freak Aiden out if he woke in the middle of the night. In retrospect I was glad I went along with him not going along with me since C was practically inconsolable at 1am-ish. Although for the record, I did tell Aiden about our original plans and he thought it sounded cool.
So this morn I went into their room after I knew they were up and said "Merry Christmas!".
Perplexed, they went along with it with some question because I think they thought for a minute cool if it is right? "Let's go see if Santa came!" I continued. Which was when A was like "Nooo, it's April Fools Day!" We chuckled and like usual I told him to get dressed and motioned toward the clothes I picked out for him the night before. Some shorts. A Hawaiian shirt and B's undies. More chuckles.
After getting dressed (well A), they came out and saw the glued coins... Aiden started in on a maze I printed out for him, something he is very good at but it was unwinnable. He got a major kick out of that and couldn't believe I printed it out knowing that. :P Underestimated his Mom. He continued looking around and behind his back for other stuff up my sleeve. He saw the automatically reinflatable whoopie cushion I bought on a whim last night which was not part of the plan.
The day continued like this and he had the. best. time. He was the perfect audience. The grand finale ;) came when I told Brady to tell Aiden dinner was ready and that we were having cupcakes. Of course meatloaf even disguised as cupcakes wouldn't make my kids eat it. It wasn't a complete failure though as Brett ate 7! of them! Poor guy never gets to eat meatloaf. And A did choke it down while listening to stories about how we were made as kids to sit at the table too on many occasion while we finished cold dinners (Brett's won with liver and bacon). Plus A needed to see if the baked potatoes as dessert was a prank or what.
Technically Brady wasn't supposed to get dessert since he didn't eat all of his cupcake. I brought 3 potatoes to the table and man talk about right on the edge of a serious cry fest so I said my final "april fool!" and gave him mine. He seriously still thought it was a potato then but was so relieved he was getting it nonetheless and made the biggest fuss over how it was actually ice cream after he realized it. I love these guys.


2 comments:
How to torture your kids & get away with it!
You always come up with the best ideas and have fun.
How do you top this next year? P.S. Oh and your post inspired me and we had meatloaf tonight. -KTB
Post a Comment