Photobucket

Friday, February 01, 2008

In honor of P. Phil I'll come out and play today too.
Meet Bun-Fu.



Sadly, I don't know Mr. Bunny FuFu's origin. He was given to Brady as a baby. But there was no chemistry between them. Brady actually didn't find his woob(ie) until he was 22 months old at a party. Still he and Bear My never got too attached. Lambie was given to Aiden at his first Easter by family. Lamb(ie) still sleeps on A's bed but we no longer discuss her. She's just understood.
In fact, Lambie, Bear My, and Bun-Fu stay in bed all day. They love to sleep. They don't come out ever. They don't get left someplace. They don't get any grungier then normal crib/bed wear. They don't have to be searched for at bedtime. They're right there when you need them. Everytime.

Well, third child syndrome in me or maybe because I never see the comradery between Col and Bun-Fu since I never physically get to see the child sleeping, which is a whole 'nother post itself. In the past few days I have let Colin have Bunny Fu while not in his crib. It's been fun actually.


One time, Aiden brought all kinds of other critters one at a time to Colin and had him choose "Penguin or Bun Fu?" "Other Bunny or Bun Fu" "Lambie or Bun Fu?" BF everytime. I even let Bun Fu hang at mealtime. Oh the horror. This goes against so many of my rules in fact.








Did you notice the grunginess of Bun Fu's tookus? I even recently washed him. Granted no Oxyclean or anything. BF's tush is my Jenny's head. I held my Jenny by the hair all the time and boy did it get gnarly. Colin holds and bites BF's tush.




"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole". -Roger Caras


And good riddance to January! We're gonna go bonkers if this cold weather keeps up. (Hence my posting, thinking, and taking pictures of the Fu-meister.)




Mr. Brady, always good for a smile. Looking rather 4 lately isn't he?

He's been a bit three lately. Yesterday was one of those days. Thankfully I don't have them often. Like any typical weekday, I opened the garage with Colin in tow and Brady took off down the driveway. Took his good ol time climbing back up after I told him a few times to get in the car "we're going to be late (picking up Aiden)!". I pick him up to load him into the car because I have no patience time to wait for his little arms and legs to hoist himself into the car and onto the seat the right way. Then naturally he's more focused on the priority of the moment that he needs a toy. And no, not the first one I hand him. Has he said please once? Or asked in a nonwhiney way? You decide.


As I'm buckling him in I try to make light out of the light to begin with situation that it really is and I tell him "Brady, fours better not be harder. Fours better not be harder". He tells me, as typical two-cent 3yo and 5yo Charlies do "Fours won't be harder Mom, they won't be. Fives won't be harder either. They won't." He reeled me back in and made it all good again.





I learned a new game. Left Right Center. Ooh! It's so fun! And easy. So we scrounged up 3 dice today, I masking taped them and Aiden wrote an L, R, C and dots on them. He caught on awesomely.




Oh and then this! This never happens. The sleeping (in our view) or on Daddy. But we both must say, Daddy did get his wish this time. This one is a Daddy's boy.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh m y goodness, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that one of Brady with the chair in the background. AWESOME portrait. His smile and the catchlights! :)
Of course, I love all the pics but that is def my fav and def should be framed.

Anonymous said...

That picture of B with the big smile, not only does he look very like Bret but he looks oh so grown up. -KTB