Photobucket

Wednesday, February 13, 2008



At 5 o'clock exactly today Aiden, Brady and I all had our coats on, I was about to put Colin's on and head over to my parents for the night. At that exact moment was when our power finally came back on. Ever since 8 am we had been without.

Our generator today. Same scene across the street, and next door, all the way down the street. We're a street with drainage issues and sump pumps. Hail to the generator. The one we share with my parents. Aren't Dads awesome like that? They tell you they want a generator and they'll split the cost with you and keep it at your house, just so you'll do it already and have one for days like this.



Yea, just when the cabin fever is hitting the hardest. Bam. Take the power away. Whoop. No school. Snow days are not what they used to be. I paced myself through the day without showers or baths, tv or music, coffee or chicken nuggets. (Alright, so we did plug the cappachino maker into the generator. Aiden, it's only for really important things. You can't close the kitchen/garage door completely then with the cord so it was coffee dripped, milk frothed and done).

We read A LOT of books. And even acted one out. "Caps for sale!" Plastic bowl caps for sale. Too bad Colin missed all the fun during his naptime. He would have loved all the caps. His obsession is only getting worse by the way.




He did carry his MP3 player everywhere though. (I should straighten that darn crown molding shouldn't I? Eh.)



Nothing too serious with him. He's just bitchin' to get out. But only when he sees me of course.

Whole different scene when he wants something else though?



Something like a cookie maybe?

Oh and see that neck area. Right where the white turtle doesn't cover when the neck is exposed like this. Major ticklish spot. Just so y'know.





Ok. And then there's the dog faced boy on the left getting in close since there's a cookie on the scene. Go back to sleep dawg!



And so what does Colin do? Eye up Richter's cookies now too. Richter is sooo slow to eat them. It's pretty funny for such a big (dopey) dog. My Mom's Havanese steals pieces of Richter's treats all the time from him when we have dog sleepovers, aka dogsit.

I know Colin is going to get one soon.

NO running in the house!
And no standing on your chair! Brady fell off his chair tonight. I didn't see it happen, just the aftermath and the mac'ncheese on the floor and table... Has that kid learned his lesson now?



I'm raising my boys to see Valentine's Day as a day for gayles (Brady's pronunciation). They can give Valentine's to their friends at school but otherwise, and when that's over with, that's it. I was raised this way. Brett was not, but that's ok. We have a new generation and house full of men now and Mom's gonna get to feel some love some day.

I do feel a teensy weensy bad, although bad isn't the word. A word with less guilt really, about not having even a Valentine for the boys. So last night I put a list together of 26 things we loved about each of them. 26 only because that's what it came to be. I then decided to turn it into a little amateur book because I figured Aiden and Brady would get a kick out of that. And of course they're going to especially love hearing 26 totally all about only them, specific endearing things that we do love about them. Who wouldn't?





I think I'll put them into little paper envelopes too so they can open them. I do feel better about tomorrow now.

4 comments:

Shannon A. and Shannon D. said...

Kim...you just whipped those up?? I'm passing the torch. You are the newly crowned Martha Stewart. I bow to thee!!!

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Anonymous said...

You're awesome, Sis.

Anonymous said...

Kim...you CONSISTANTLY amaze us with your creativity & talent. Your One Special Mamma!

~ Mema & Pop

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day! -KTB