This post has nothing to do with Richter by the way.
So. Happy New Year.
I have not been in the blogging mood lately. Everyone's great just unable to form a creative thought or complete couple of appropriate sentences.
The little little on the right above and then down below has a week to go before turning one. (hard swallow)
Ok I suppose I could go on and on about my feelings over that, but I may make it sound a bit redundant. In short, he's cute, does new cute things everyday, makes me so proud, I love him and can't stand or believe how he is about to be a one year old. Typical about-to-turn-one-in-a-week stuff.
Aiden caught him taking a few steps the other day. That's it though. No elaboration. No play by play. Don't know how many. From where to where. Don't plan on seeing it again too soon either but he does stand on his own more and more lately.
Are his lips not screaming for some vitamin E or Vaseline? The both of us.
I think he does like being a big brother.
He also does a mean Diego color by numbers, his way.
We kicked off the new year by having McBlondey, Deana from across the street babysit the boys. This was her voyage sit for us but who better on NYE than a neighbor to not have to drive or worry about them driving home? The boys were in rare form from excitement and no nap (B). I told McTeenager to put them down when she wanted, meaning they could and would go right down after we left, about 7. But if she wanted she could treat them to some playtime and such, it was her call, C was already sleeping. Mind you the boys knew nothing of what was happening regarding any kind of ball? What ball?
We came home after the fanfare. They were UP. She was putting them TO BED. At first we thought she was voluntarily switching Brady over from our room to theirs as he still starts out in ours... No. She told us she put them to bed at 8 and She Woke Them Up to see the ball drop. (!) We were Really Shocked. Brett was heard repeatedly mumbling after she left about how she was fired and such. Then, it settled in a bit and we both realized there was no harm done, and how another memory was just made for Aiden especially. B may be too young still to remember. Too tired too. This morning we questioned them to find out more. A couple of snacks, drinks... our other neighbors on speaker phone at midnight wishing New Year greetings (shaking head, but smiling).
Happy New Year. I hope yours is off to as great a start as ours or picks up speed if not.


No comments:
Post a Comment