Photobucket

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Yesterday I got a coupon in the mail for a Panera Bread Egg Souffle. There is one about 5 miles from me so this was just a bit tempting. Then I remembered Brett's sister's quiche recipe that I have been meaning to make again for-ever! I couldn't remember how long I had to cook it and she's got pneumonia right now :( so I didn't want to bother her for something so minor.

I went to my good ol' FoodNetwork.com and found this recipe for Hash Brown Quiche, by Paula Deen. It's a.) very easy and b.) VERY good, so wanted to pass it on. Not the healthiest as we could have guessed from Mrs. Deen but ... it's good.

3 cups, shredded frozen hash browns, thawed and drained
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup half-and-half
3/4 cup diced cooked ham
1/2 cup diced green onions
1 cup shredded Cheddar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Gently press the drained hash browns between paper towels to dry them as best as possible. In a 9-inch pie plate, toss the hash browns with the melted butter into the plate. Press them into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp.

Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. When the hash brown crust is ready pour the egg mixture over it and return to the oven.

Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for about 30 minutes until the quiche is light golden brown on top and puffed.



Of course while it had everything the boys liked in it: eggs, hash browns, ham, broccoli (in mine, no onions), and cheese they wouldn't eat it all together as a quiche. Why is that with kids??

Even though the boys didn't eat, there were still no leftovers!
Let the Holiday Diet season begin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kimbooger,

How about being interested in taking advantage of the coupon because your brother is the Senior Real Estate Manager for Panera Bread in South Florida?

Signed,

... You know.