Photobucket

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My AA


I have never called him that. Hmm. Surprisingly actually since I call Brae, "Brae Brae".

Aiden had school pictures today and although I have no picture to show you (yet, crossed fingers he didn't do the dorky posed smile he inherited from my mother!) I must admit he looked rather handsome. Damn he looked so sweet all prepped up. Maybe it's the comfy clothes I am used to seeing him in, maybe he truly is a handsome young fellow, maybe because he's looking more like a schoolboy or someone who is turning 5.

5. My stomach just tied into knots. I have been completely fine with this approaching date leading up until just now. Maybe I am busier this year ie not bored at work allowing myself to daydream and make lists (lists of things to do, shopping lists, lists of things I want to do). Every year Aiden's birthday, be it that he is my first born I think, or that B's is right behind it so it's the twofer that hits me- hard. Really hard. I almost dread the parties but then once it comes and he reaches that next inevitable age I am accepting and fine with it and proud, of him and how the past year has gone and such. I'm content and everything is good again.

This year it wasn't affecting me as in years passed and I was so relieved. That I wouldn't go through this year after year after all. Nope, wrong again. It's happening. It just happened. Maybe seeing him dressed up in his prep schoolboy clothes is what triggered it. It was really cute though too because he was cute. He was loving himself. He loved who he saw when he looked in the mirror. Hey, he looked in the mirror.

On another note. We were working on his Wednesday-homework today. A time we both enjoy. The other two are usually in naps and we carve out a corner of our dining room table and spend some 1on1. He usually ends up frustrating or impressing me, never anywhere in between. Today was a good homework day. The assignment was simple. Orange and Ps or something but we then rolled onto new subjects. Basically writing and reading, but super basic stuff as he has major interest but is in the "I can't" but so pleased when he sees that he "can" part of this. Right on the cusp. And I'm like ready to explode with excitement in seeing where the next year or two will bring him.

Today I did the writing and him the dictation. It then led us to Q&A. I asked him as I sometimes remember to what interests him right now, what are some questions that he has. Just to see what's maybe on his mind. This is what I got:

How can Superman fly?

How can people learn how to ride a motorcycle by themselves?

How do people make markers? Crayons?

How was God made? When did God get made?

Why do we never see a racetrack?

Ok. So see. We got a lot of information here.

After a simple cape explanation that didn't 'fly' with him I had to defer that one yet again to later, with Dad. I don't know if I'll ever get Super powers.

In regard to motorcycles, I quickly spoke about "taking lessons", which he hates to hear as always. He wants concrete answers as in he wants the lessons I think.

Markers and Crayons! Yes! He reminded me how I have been wanting and wishing and hoping to go to Crayola Factory in PA all MY life! Yes we get to go! I now have children age appropriate and I can go! Checked into it and admission is $9.50/person. You can't even see a movie for that depending on when and where you go I think. Brett's into it and we're a go-go, soon! Yes.

Those were new God questions. Reasonable too. He knows God makes everything. Who makes God? I don't think we ever approached it from that end. I am happy he is in a Catholic school this year as he could benefit from another source.

Racetrack. I think he's a little underage. Maybe a trip to a library could suffice this one for a bit.

No comments: