Photobucket

Thursday, August 16, 2007



Aiden tells me yesterday he wants me to teach him some things. I'm thinking, what am I doing here? Isn't that what we as parents are constantly doing? I mean especially at this age with the constant questions. I have told him how and why so many things are made, how to drive a car and all the basic traffic laws, right from wrong, to ride a bike, to pour his own cereal, to make a bottle, to fill a bath, to freeze tivo, ... on and on. I guess he must mean things that he sees me do but hasn't been officially told how to do yet like maybe tie a shoe, pay bills, and inquire about dental insurance. I think twice about reminding him how whenever I do try to sit and teach him things in an obvious teaching like setting he never wants to so instead I ask him 'what kind of things?'. He seems to not know himself, or at least not know how to articulate it. I think I know what he means though, he basically wants to shorten the gap between adult and himself, he wants to know everything now. He then starts to elaborate a bit more and say "I want to know, what do you do at night after I go to sleep, I want to know what you dream about."
Tough questions at this age. I guess he already knows where babies come from or we're just skipping that one.

No comments: