Aiden's swimming lessons have really given him the confidence he has needed in the water. He has really made huge strides these past 9 weeks. He isn't swimming yet, he still has his fears but at his own rate and in time, I know he'll get it. For instance, the biggest hurdle right now which is actually keeping him from progressing is the jumping in-from sitting on the side of the pool-without holding his teachers hands bit. He refuses to do it. As he told his new teacher today "Uh uh, I tried it once and I sank!". No matter how many ways I go at encouraging him he's not buying it.
He is having fun though. The past 2 weeks he's been having lots of fun, like too much fun. Yapping too much and being a little silly and such in class. (When is this 4 1/2 year old stage gonna be over?) Today after class, the owner who stayed poolside to offer reminders of appropriateness during class to Aiden told me, as I was gearing myself up to hear what he was going to say, how he was going to say it. I knew something was coming. Was I going to offer up some kind of apology like "He's going through a stage/lovely huh?/yea his 2 younger brothers..." or just smile, nod and agree to it. Well, he says to me,
"Aiden is going to be a lawyer some day."
All I could do was laugh. He IS his father's son! (Pegn'Ed said that about Brett for years!)
I told Brett at dinner tonight. He smiled as any proud father would. Aiden asked what a lawyer was. We told him 'someone who gets to fight for someone else...using their words.' He said he didn't want to be a lawyer, he wants to be a Power Ranger. Brett told him he won't get paid for being a Power Ranger...


No comments:
Post a Comment