I feel if I'm gonna be the Mom of 3 boys, I have to act like it. When Aiden was around 2yo he went running while screaming from a spider, then a snake. Apparently I was being too much of an influence. So since then I have more consciencely started to think like one of the boys. We have two things growing in our house presently. Both I cannot bring myself to photograph sorry. One, are these little caterpillars dumb me actually ordered through the mail. Like we don't have enough of these in the Northeastern US. I don't know why I thought they'd be anything more than what we have just that they were tinier. But, they grew. Eww. They're up high in the dining room of all places, to keep away from climbing critters under the age of 5. And it never fails I think about their progress while I am eating. I look up at them as if I don't know what to expect. I am one who really does not care for caterpillars. The nests... I can tell many a story of childhood images of these little wormies that still haunt me. Anywho, like I said they are growing. And they just started to do their thang and hang themselves in preparation to make their cocoons. So it is a little exciting. They're doing what they're supposed to be doing. We have 4 survivors (out of 5), I am pretty sure as I don't go close enough to that jar. And if you were here for Easter and didn't notice, they were behind the dessert. ;)
The second thing growing isn't really real. It's a toy snake EB brought. Suppose to multiply 8x it's size within 96 hours! We're on hour 38 just about and yes, it's doing it's thing too. But again I get so grossed out by it. Last 'night' after changing a diap at 5.30am and using the facilities myself I went to wash my hands. Only after I started to rinse the soap off did I realize I was doing it in a mostly already filled sink(!) with that darn snake. Fake even, it skeeved me.
Well. I'm not going super far with this boyee thing. I will draw the line somewhere. I will also continue to be an influence of my own. Like how every Sunday morning at 9am, Aiden asks to watch "Stra Stra Stra Straw Strawberry .... Shortcake". I am also pulling my old collection down from the attic next week. Quickly, before he no longer secretly thinks their cool because Mom does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment