I woke up this morning with contractions. I don't know what time is was initially. Early. I tried to make myself go back to sleep since they weren't anything I could 'time' or know for sure that this was really happening; and it was early. I woke up again, still with them, but mild. Brett came in to kiss me goodbye and head to work, I kissed him back and only told him "Make sure you keep your phone on today". I got out of bed shortly afterwards and took things a bit slow. Was this really the plan for today? I headed to the kitchen and baked some of my favorite muffins. Took a bit longer than usual but I wanted those muffins to take with me, IF I was going anywhere. Before noon I decided I'd call Brett and let him in on my day so far. Told him I thought he should finish up his last job and come home, oh and to pick me up some pasta for lunch (carbs!). When he walked in within the long hour I was trying to assume a comfortable position. We ate lunch. He said he was going to go take a nap and then he'd take a shower afterwards. !!! Ok, now I supposed was an instance of where the communication part of your marriage is important. I must have gone into silent/keeping to myself mode (a paternal gene I inheritered) this morning so I said "I think you should take the shower first....!" Within the next half hour we timed my contractions, called the doctor and were off to the hospital. With the next 7 hours, while watching Game 4 of the World Series between Anaheim and the Giants, I continued to be in disbelief of where I was and what I was actually doing on this very important day. And at 10:09 pm on October 23, 2002 Brett had the privledge to notice first and shout out "It's a boy!"
Aiden Theodore Ryan was born.
And tomorrow he is four.
No comments:
Post a Comment