Q: Why am I constantly looking for ways to slow down time & then suddenly I find myself wondering why Halloween is still so far away? A: I live with a 4yo.
Everyday it's "Can I have just one thing, just one thing, I won't ask for anymore from the Halloween box up there?" (x5) (The Halloween box is a crate up high with all Halloweenie bday party stuff in it, he & his brother did get a ghost & a devil finger puppet when it first originated). NO. "Can we put up our Halloween decorations today?" (I have little by little, put things up that I've come across that never made it to the attic). NO. "I think I wanna be Dash, Batman, no Superman, no Batman, a Turtle (as in Ninja), no Dash, um Batman, yeah Batman". "Can you read me this (Halloween) book to me please?" (for the 100thx so far this season). OK. "Let's look for Halloween decorations (while in the car)" "When's it gonna be Halloween?"... Do you get the picture?
So, today since the weather was Fall like and since I love the new shirt I got for Brady for only $3.99 at Tarjay I dressed them in their Halloween shirts, we attempted candy corn garland (didn't work), colored monsters we made at crayola.com, ate many of the now leftover candy corns, and *I* made caramel apples after *they* went to bed. ;) (They didn't eat their dinner so plan B included just me). Tomorrow we will be schlepping the Halloween decorations from the attic... & spending some family funtime at a local garden center doing the whole Halloweenie/Fall thing. I'm sure there will be pictures.
Friday, September 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment