Photobucket

Tuesday, November 11, 2008


in effort to be productive, written yesterday with some obvious spelling assistance.


Aiden FINALLY lost his tooth.

Was that the world's longest loose tooth duration in history or what? The adult tooth was practically in already, although no where in sight when the wiggle was first noticed. I kept telling him he wouldn't actually have a missing tooth.


Clearly I have been more anxious than Aiden to have it out; so much so that his response to my inquisitions became him talking to me about patience, and how he didn't want to hurt himself or bleed. I couldn't help wanting that tooth, his first, being handed over to the TF asap. I could see, as I have heard, as we have read about so many ways one can lose their teeth after they lose them.


It happened in school, at snack time. But then it, the worst of it happened when he opened the larger than real life, plastic, tooth on a string given to him by the nurse with the sole purpose to safely carry a tooth, one lost in school, home. The darn teeny tiny thing went flying out. I wish my head had rewind and slow motion sometimes.



Damn it how pretzel rod crumbs, ones created that very same morning, look so much like lower incisors. I kid you not, Brett and I spent at least 45 minutes apiece combing the floor of my car like forensics experts.



Thank God, and Brett he found it.




This morning, when you thought it was not possible for a 6yo to be happier than when he discovered he had a loose tooth, lost it (as in, it came out), or when his Dad found it after losing it, he was even happier.

3 comments:

michelle said...

Glad you saved the day and found it! Olivia's seemed to take forever to come out also and the permanent one was pretty much already there when it finally let loose. Now they will all start to come loose!!!!

michelle said...

I forgot to add that Aiden's handwriting is very good for his age!

Michelle said...

Congrats on that first lost tooth Aiden!! Hope the toothfairy is good to you! :-)