Aiden has been building up my birthday gift to him all week. He keeps asking for hints, asking me if it's like the one I gave him last year. I forgot what I gave him last year. Aiden remembers it was a Lego castle toy to go along with our trip to Medeval Times. He's like that, he remembers everything. He remembers who gave him every gift he has received or how he acquired an otherwise nongifted item. He's been reciting facts he's been learning in school like crazy out of the blue. He's really good in that he'll notice if I'm wearing a new shirt or shoes and mention it. Same as if you've made a change in another appearance, especially when setting up decorations. Let's you inside his mind a little bit knowing all this. It's one of naturally many reasons life with Aiden is fun. He just notices.
A long time ago I was gifted an Apple Ipod from my employer. Every employee received refurbished ipods one year for Christmas. Having no need for an Ipod myself, I stuffed it in one of many junk drawers here. Enter approaching 6yo birthday and I figured I'd mess with it and learn how to upload to the darn thing. After not putting too much thought into a song list I quickly threw this one onto it earlier this week for him. I hope he likes it.
Jump by Van Halen
S.O.S. by Jonas Brothers
That's Just the Way We Roll by Jonas Brothers
Play My Music by Jonas Brothers
We Will Rock You by Queen
Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
Eye of the Tiger by Original Soundtrack The Rocky Story
I'll Make a Man Out of You by Chorus - Mulan & Donny Osmond
Life Is a Highway by Rascal Flatts
Star Wars (Main Title) by Joel McNeely, John Debney, several orchestras & Varujan Kojian Great Composers: John Williams
The Imperial March (From "Star Wars, Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back") by John Williams
Good Ol' Boys (Theme from "The Dukes of Hazzard") by Waylon Jennings
Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley
I'm a Believer by Smash Mouth
Little Wonders by Rob Thomas
Samson & Delilah by Grateful Dead
Johnny B. Goode by George Thorogood & The Destroyers
Footloose by Kenny Loggins
What a Friend We Have In Jesus by Brad Paisley
You're Beautiful by James Blunt
You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban
He should have (another) good day. At school Thursdays are art days and well, he loves art. It's a tag day, meaning he gets to wear nonuniform yet appropriate attire. He doesn't eat, rather buy lunch often but today happens to be pizza bagel day (plus I threw a Jedi wishing him the force being with him card along with a small chocolate bar in his lunchbox). Cupcakes of course. And he gets to pick from his teacher's coveted Treasure box (when no one else does) since it's his birthday. Oh then, it's his day of the week for show-n-tell, a time in the day when he's allowed to speak freely in class. I'm sure he'll get a kick out of when his teacher reads a book today we donated from this week's book fair in Religion class. Then there's skating afterschool. And as requested, pancakes will be our dinner. Followed by ice cream cupcakes which he told me how to make: "regular cupcakes with ice cream instead of icing, with an 'A' on them, in red".
My biggest baby boy is six today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
He is lucky to have a mom that makes him feel so special! Happy Birthday to my FAVORITE six year old!!!
Happy Birthday Aiden!!
You MY FAVORITE 6 year old!!
(nice try Aunt Donna!)
Love You!!
See ya Saturday!!
Aunt Ra Ra
XXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOXXXXXXXOOOOOOXXXXX
Happy Birthday Aiden! Sounds like you had a terrific day!
Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley. Phenomenal. -KTB
Post a Comment