While we were at Aiden's tennis camp two weeks ago, while I was trying to keep Colin from running into the court while convincing Brady he could go in to help pick up balls, I had one of those light bulb over the head ideas.
Family tennis. Even without Brett, tennis. All children are corralled within the court. This frees me up to enjoy a few volleys, even if none get returned. A little steam blown off. Children also like to pick up balls. Nice. Oooh (eyeing up the camp counselor's tennis ball collector basket thing), one of those would be nice. I'd never spend the money on it though. Something like that, never.
Well, wouldn't you know it? I say somebody's looking out for me. After being out early last Saturday morning, Bam! a garage sale en route home called my name, when I listened closer who was it but little ol' tennis ball picker upper basket filled with balls. $7. Mine.
Colin's got the idea. The ball connects with the racket, yes.
He kept putting them over the net too, with his hands but again, yes, he's got the concept.
We haven't had a family shot for a while come to think of it. Here's the set up.
The outtake.
The keeper. Out of necessity, since no one was willing to sit anymore.
Whew. Now that's a lot of pictures.


2 comments:
These pictures just made me smile. Looks like a fun day. Your fam is so cute! And totally stealing the idea. :)
Great pics Kim...glad to see the boys like tennis, our boys have been playing tennis with us this summer too, not that we know what we're doing (Chris & Jared are more naturals at it) but it's a fun family time...let's try and get our boys to play tennis together sometime! TS, love Auntie Dor
Post a Comment