Photobucket

Friday, May 23, 2008



Today was a day when Kim Me would have at one time battled Mom Me. One word, caterpillars. Oohh how I loathe these things (I can't say hate because hate along with not fair, can't, kill, boring and I think I'm missing another are words recently banned from our house's vocabulary so I'm already in the habit of replacing those with others). But I have to put that aside a.) because they are friggin all over! and b.) because my children, Colin included like to incorporate these into their everyday lives lately.

Talk about different perspectives though as I did last week or so here. And guess what, looks like I am getting through to Aiden apparently.

Colin loves to pick these furry things up, look at them, hold them a bit, maybe get busy with something else while forgetting he has one in his hands, maybe he's possibly squeezed it to death accidentally too because he doesn't yet know cause and effect and gentleness or his strength and degrees of touch. Then he'll throw it onto the ground and spy out another in the 10 inch radius that has at least a dozen to choose from. (Gag!)

Brady, my gentle lover occasionally likes to pick one up but would much more prefer to watch it change form. He rides over them with his bike, stomps on them, scrapes at them with Pop's tools. He shows no mercy or preferred method. Yes, it's really gross and in choosing my battles I turn my head.

Aiden gets real heated at Brady "Brady! Stop killing the caterpillars! They're going to turn into butterflies. Would you want a huge giant coming over and stepping on you?!" ("Mom are there Giants for real life?" No. "Ooh, I want Brady to learn a lesson").

We were at (Little) Mema&Pop's this afternoon and (I think) Pop let them use some of his tools, at least that's what they told me. I guess those Saturdays at Lowe's and Home Depot have taught Aiden a thing or two and he was attempting to nail two pieces of wood together.



I intervened a little and he was real proud of his caterpillar play park thing. He spent close to an hour I bet getting them to climb on it, seeing how many at a time would, where they went from there. Here's where their perspective, the kids' has had to change mine.



And as I would have guessed, Aiden's creation must have reminded him, as it did me, of a cross because he asked me again at bath time about and why Jesus was nailed to the cross. Something tells me that won't be the last time he asks either.

Oh and at bath time with Brady, I had to pull the second effing deer tick off of him this WEEK! Dare I say we may be getting a little too much of the outdoors lately.

Ohmigosh, I just realized Brady oddly (because it's not a typical one he would choose) picked A Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle as his bedtime book tonight. Brett read it to him. Good for him. Maybe Aiden's compassion did pass onto B a little.





Colin's really too funny. He wants to ride like his brothers so bad.



Right after I took this picture though he tipped over on this one. A busted lip right after the one from last week healed. Pictures of that later.



When do they start making their darn cocoons??

1 comment:

Teresa said...

oh i was giggeling about the "teach Brady a lesson" comment. OMG, you guys look like you have so much fun.