Actual size
It's recipe write-down time. You really will want to. Trust me.
Don't these look beautiful, nevermind tasty? They came out so pretty, so perfectly covered and authentic looking even without trying too hard. It was a little time consuming and could have been really messy if I let the boys help. Instead they colored and we took turns telling a portion of a few made up stories which kept their interests long enough while Colin took a late afternoon-much needed nap. **I could not have gotten these done if he were not napping. Note to those with 6-22 month olds.
The one pictured was Brett's first one. I took a picture of my first one too. I liked my bite better. My bite showed the gooey peanut butter much better. His bite was too thoughtout and very conservative because I warned him to make it human sized. I seriously would like to take a picture of each of the cups and every bite, that's how pleased I am with them, in their yumminess and form.
To the recipe.
I got this from my new favorite recipe getter online, allrecipes.com. This site is so great for recipes because of a.) people's comments, but also you can change the number of servings you want the recipe to yield and in seconds the ingredients are recalculated.
I didn't change the servings for this one but I did for the oysters rockefeller I made over the weekend.
1 pkg of milk choc chips
1 c peanut butter (I used)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c confectioner's sugar
Trim 12 paper muffin liners to half of their height (I used mini sized to allow us to eat possibly more than "1", so it yielded 24).
Place 1/2 the choc chips in a (glass) bowl and microwave for 2 mins, stirring after ea minute. Spoon melted choc into cups, filling halfway. With a spoon, draw the choc up the sides of the cups until evenly coated. Cool in the fridge until firm.
In a small bowl, mix together pb, sugar and salt. Spoon into the firmed cups. Melt the remaining choc, and spoon over pb. Spread choc to edges of cups.
I apologize to anyone with peanut butter allergies. I apologize if I won't be seeing you within the next few days to bring you one. I apologize if I will be seeing you in the next few days but don't bring you one due to none being left.
Then, the boys wanted to make something. Aiden actually wanted to make that thing they made a few months ago, you know the vomity looking one. I wasn't in the mood for that (at all).
So we made lemonade, think fair-style. Life, actually Costco gave us too many lemons so... I've been on a lemon kick trying (and failing) to find a good lemon tart/something or 'nother. I want it tarty, lemony, and not too custardy, or fattening. Good luck right? Funny how I don't share my failures here huh? I had 2 lemon flops, although 1 was eaten. Another recent flop were my seeds (as I could have predicted). It was either the window left open one cold night, all night or I didn't transplant them soon enough. They were still so small and I was so not ready for that project. Okay though, I pulled them and put other seeds in their place (as you saw last Friday). I may not get as many Morning Glories as I wanted but we can't be too picky here.
Lemonade:
1/2 c lemon juice (About 1 large lemon)
1/3 c sugar (or more if you like)
3 c cold water
We quadrupled this recipe since we had so many lemons about to go bad and we love lemonade.


3 comments:
I have made that recipe before. I used mini candy cups instead of the big ones and it was a long process but so yummy.
May have to do it again someday. Not sure if the kids can help yet they eat more than they dish up.
have I ever mentioned I wish I was your neighbor? pix notwithstanding. I'd so be over for peanut butter cups and homemade lemonaide. (I'd still repay you in beer and massage gift certs). LOVE your hair cut.
EileenM (lathrup)
That apple cake I brought to your house last (?) year was from allrecipes. In fact, I just made it along with a flourless chocolate cake for mother's day/my mom's 60th birthday. I love that site because of the comments too. -KTB
Post a Comment