In typical Brady fashion, he announced he had "to go poops" yesterday while A&I were outside (C was napping). He returned in typical Brady fashion too. I actually said to myself "self. (;) was that an old SNL skit??) he's coming back out with his pants, shoes and socks in hand, no matter that we're outside" (he always disrobes from the waist down-it's his thing; and I always talk to myself using horrible grammar :P). He did. To be three. He fought me, uh, again in typical Brady fashion, to put his clothes back on. He explained that he was liking how the sun felt on his skin and I didn't blame him so we compromised on just his pants.
Brett says he's an inner bohemian, like his Momma.
He also made me laugh because while he has grown up so much this past winter, he still gravitated to a pile of gravel (uh street sweeper!). He has had a long time love affair with gravel, sand, and dirt. It must be very calming for him as an activity he always gets to do by himself. Little does he still know that we bought him a sandbox for his 3rd birthday. Last November! We hadn't wrapped it because it was so big and came shipped, so we left it on the front porch. We actually forgot about it since the small dollar store-like gifts made him happy, along with cake... Since we wouldn't be able to use it then and how is that fun as a November birthday gift anyway (see, I started feeling guilty really close to his birthday because it always seems to overshadow Aiden's just 2 weeks prior. Or is it Aiden's that overshadows his?). We'd give it to him this year for his birthday, we would, if I hadn't told Elephantboy Aiden who never forgets a thing. Fun thing, it's making it's debut real soon. Back to the gravel though, he then started filling his sweatshirt pockets (while in his bare feet still, yea) which put an end to Laxmommy.
This child and me are totally seeing eye to eye lately. It's quite possibly one of the best things in the world.
Brett made chicken stir fry tonight. Something he has been wanting to make forever. Aiden really enjoyed the chicken. He ate it all up but left his veggies, which is unusual for him. Brett called him out on it and Aiden explained that he likes "his vegetables private". Private? "Yea, by themselves, alone."
Aiden and I have been enjoying reading some chapter book series' for awhile now. The Easter Bunny brought The Magic Treehouse books 1-3 for him & I. And after we see if there are any open computers for him to play on, the next first thing we do at the library is see if the next Junie B. book that we're up to has been checked back in. This week they had books 9-11 so we were psyched. Junie B. starts out as a kindergartner who other kindergartners can identify with, as well as their Moms. I swear reading these books have actually helped me understand my Aiden T.
Aiden: Mom, who's your favorite person in the Junie B. books?
Me: Uh, Junie B.?
Aiden: No, Mom. I meant, who do you love in the Junie B. books?
Me: Oh. Junie B.!
Aiden: Me too! :)


1 comment:
Did you get the butt shot? -KTB
Post a Comment