Another snow day today. Is this a sign of what's to come from this winter? If I were to include a picture in this post, it would be one of no snow. The school boards are taking a leap of faith in the weather forecasters and cancelling school early as the report is showing 6-10 inches to fall later today. I didn't receive my usual no-school phone call this morning which caused us to get up in normal fashion, get dressed, watch the school closing reports on the news and then start on our way. Then we saw the boys' teacher's car still in her driveway 3 houses down. Clue #9: no school. I put a call into the fire starter to see if he wanted anything from DD and he said (using his best NY/NJ accent) "getta boxa dOh-nutz." Boys love this kinda out of the routine stuff. Aiden then wanted to go to Aunt Donna's since that's where we went after the last time we visited old DD, eons ago.
Brett is now taking(!) the older two (!) food shopping (!). It was his idea(!) as he thought the house needed more food due to the pending snowstorm. His food choices are one reason he usually does not go though so we shall see what kind of other treats he comes home with. All this sugar should make for some hyper kids no?
The house is quiet for now and I will enjoy the few moments. Colin is sleeping. I'm still working on my Large coffee and a fire is already roaring.
I already got my mail this morning too-love my mailman who comes early. Love this time of year when Christmas cards outnumber bills. Love all the cute kids adorning those Christmas cards.
Enjoy your day, no matter what the weather.
Weather update: the snow has started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment