Aiden's been acting 5 (said with a smile) ever since he turned it. It's been so refreshing. So nice to be the Mother of him again. I do supposed he's been through a few changes in the past year which could have brought on some testing boundary issues. Regardless, I think we have reached the light.
Lately he's been a lot of fun to be around. I guess really things are just finally sinking in. Things are clicking with him. We both have been loving how I have kicked up his level of helping me lately. When I heard there's a rotating job list for the kids in his class each week I was like "Genius!" and rolled with it. Now he helps out a lot especially after dinner. He's also been helping before dinner not just like 'you pour this in there' more like 'ok but remember it's hot, now scrape the pan, remember that it's hot and you don't want to touch anything besides the handle, now turn the eggs, it's hot remember, you don't want them to burn, i know you're not going to touch the pan because you're listening very carefully to me...' Today he did cut his finger on a can's top after he completely on his own opened it with a manual can opener. I forgot the constant reminders and most importantly, 'no need to take the lid off'. Well you do learn by mistakes. He planned, cut, taped and decorated his own Knight's shield, sword and head armor the other day with just a little help fitting the headgear around his head. I thought that was pretty cool of him. He completely looks out for Colin including using nice "sssh"s when C's bitchin. And has been making comments to me like "he just keeps getting cuter and cuter" about Brady as he's making up his own acoustic guitar lyrics.
Wait there's more. Allow me please to go on. If I am boring you then skip it over and chuck this part up to "this blog is a memory for the boys to have" idea excuse again. I mean seriously you had to have sensed an impatient tone from me about Aiden's behavior during the past year. Now while the going's good I'm going to go on. From the time he could compile a sentence Aiden has asked what a word he did not know the meaning of meant when he heard it used. And very rarely have I heard him ask for the same word twice. As he has gotten older he has taken it further and tried using a for example following him being given the definition, and now he is looking for opportunities to use these new words. Yesterday his word was interesting, today it was propose. He came in from being outside before dinner and asked me what the word propose meant. I told him. Then as part of his plan he says " ok then, I propose to you that you let me watch some tv". I let him.
Now of course, like sand through an hour glass, Aiden made it through a (long) phase so Brady is starting to step knee deep in one. Gladly a minor behavioral bootcamp initiated this weekend seems to have broken his devil spirits. I can love him again now too.
And what's a post doting on my other two without the mention of Mr. C. C lately has been for Crab but understandably so too with a cold, his age, and I guess Daylight Savings Time. On top of everything I had this brillant idea yesterday afternoon to try to wean him off bottles. While he is fully capable (I am not that mean) he wants no part of this. Which brings me back to the very fact of why I am doing this Now. This is tough stuff, no more bottles. In the past I had help from daycare and my Mom. So I'm pretty proud of myself for not giving him 1 bottle all day today. He definetly drank less because of it but 1 day down is a good thing and I'm sure he'll get-it better tomorrow.
Now who's leaving Dancing With The Stars tonight?
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment