Monday was Day 1 of our new schedule that includes 14 rountrips to/from A&B's preschool per week.
Yesterday was Brady's first day of school.
I have been so excited for this little boy to start school. To get back to making his own friends and choosing to play with things he wants to. He is very independent but he also idolizes a few people he lives with and usually lets them make his play, say, and eat choices.
Yesterday's schedule included a few kinks. I had to attend class for a bit with Brady since it was his first, he missed the first week. At the same time Brady's class was over, a car was picking me up at home for a Buffett concert in the city. I needed to coordinate drop offs, schedules, retrace the same route on the road x2 knowingly being late for the car. Fine. We Moms make sacrifices.
I was busy trying to not forget essential things I had to do like pack every necessary bedtime item for each boy, include next day clothes for Aiden since he'd stay over, enough formula, dropins, bibs, diaps... for C, find B's backpack and have it properly equipped (it's like going on a scavenger hunt completing those school supply lists, checking and rechecking), shower, eat (protein) and be concert attired and ready by 12 myself because I wouldn't be seeing a bathroom until I arrived in NYC after 4. I needed to make sure I strategically fed Colin between picking A up and dropping A&C off simply for proper babysitter etiquette. While completely forgetting to TRY to put Brady down for a nap in the am because now he would miss his much-still-needed daily nap due to school, oh, feed the poor kid some lunch maybe, (seriously I almost forgot), and take his first day of school picture.
Easy enough tasks on their own I know, but then I haven't gone foodshopping since before vacation so the boys have been living off peanut butter (and crackers bc we have no bread!). Aiden is now requesting "anything but peanut butter" and I couldn't feed Brady peanutbutter because that would mean a change of clothes (I know my son) and that we did not have time for. So a breakfast bar (yes he had 1 for breakfast) and a baggie of miniricecakes later, I got a decent picture in between yawns.
Bonus: B did so well from the start his teacher told me to go catch a coffee so I went foodshopping, alone.
He had a GGGRREAT first day. A&C were unscathed. We made it through the Lincoln tunnel without any traffic in the afternoon and Buffett covered Scarlet Begonias by the Dead. Nice.


No comments:
Post a Comment