Photobucket

Friday, June 15, 2007

At swim class today, a little girl in Aiden's class, but not (she has more experience than him so she swims at the other end of the pool with a different instructor, point is they don't talk or swim together), wore her pretty pink bathing suit with matching Ariel flip flops. As her Mother was trying to usher her out the door the little girl yelled across the waiting room to some other woman I will assume she knew "Do you like my Ariel flip flops?!"

No one answered in all the hustle and bustle of classes switching and Moms trying to wrangle sticking wet bathing suits off of gangley little bodies. Aiden you know noticed her and them. He's just like her pointing out his 'baseball ones, like the kind Mom and Dad have', how Brady has strappy ones, that Brady is 2.5yo, he is 4.5 and how he has another baby brother, Colin who is 'how old is Colin now Mom?'... I suppose he felt maybe a bit of empathy for this cute little 4yo or so girl whom it seemed no one was listening to or acknowledging because just as the door was closing behind her he shouted to her "I do!".

He quickly turned to me and justifyingly whispered "...even though I really don't like Princess-ey things".

"Aaawwww. That was ssweet of you Aiden", I complimented him.

"Don't. No! Don't say sweet (in reference to me)." he snapped back.

"Ok you're not 'sweet'. You're being a gentlemen and that was very nice of you." :)

He can be sweet sometimes.

No comments: