Day 1 of long overdue swimming lessons for the boys today. My anxiety over today could've crippled me into continuing the overdueness, kids don't have to learn how to swim right? But I put it behind me and didn't let them see it. I apparently did a really good job psyching Aiden up about them. He naturally got himself dressed after breakfast this morning (the kid is a clothes horse like his Dad and actually puts together better outifts than I would some of the time, another reason I don't have a girl) in his handmedown Scooby Do bathing suit, not the new one from Old Navy that I got him (who needs new clothes), his jeans over the bathing suit (which I then explained was not necessary nor strategic) and his yellow Goddard t-shirt primarily for field trips (ok fine. Today was not one of those days he dressed himself well but whatever I have more important things to concern myself with). Aiden was super hyper all morning "are we going now? ...yet? when are we going?" and then about a half hour before class he declared "I am not waiting anymore" like he or we can do anything about it, but fine I announced a final potty run and with that we were off. Me actually doing the speed limit in effort to get there not as early.
Fast forward, Aiden did awesome!! I was so proud of him! I am so proud of him! He sometimes doesn't like fun. He has expressed his fear of swimming/water/deep... He did awesome! Brady, I was not as worried about; he marched right on over when it was his turn into the water and then all of a sudden locked the brakes up about 2' from the edge of the pool similar to how Richter does when he hears "Richter, wanna bath?" Insert Aiden ... now. "Mom. Mom. My underwear's wet." Doubletake. "Huh?" "Aiden, can you please go over there, I need to spend some time with Brady, wait, what did you say, your underwear?" He shows me proof. Lol, "Oh. Ok. Um, well you can go get changed then..." Back to Brady. After five minutes of coaxing and one stalling trip to the potty he did it too, with HUGE smiles in fact! REALLY BIG, round, blonde, new haircut-no more curls headed smiles, ones I haven't seen from 5' away in a long time, ever. Super proud of my big boys today.


No comments:
Post a Comment