Thursday, May 10, 2007
Holding them tighter.
Today we saw the 2nd auto accident this week in our neighborhood. My reaction always prompts a discussion with Aiden. Driving, especially with 3 kids in tow really does scare me. But each accident since they happen anyway are reminders to me to 'slow down', 'take it easy' or 'hold on tight'. Today's prompted me to tell Aiden about a horrific accident I heard about the other day. I really don't even want to think or talk about it though it is so unbelievably sad. I told Aiden that as well. And once again, "...which is why it is so important you all behave in the backseat while Mommy is driving so I can concentrate on the road..." Aiden brought it up at dinner tonight, telling me to tell Daddy the story I told him. I did. Briefly. I don't even like talking about it or thinking about it. Aiden added his couple of cents saying how "they won't see each other again", I added "the funeral is this Saturday" (to Brett) and Aiden says "they won't be together for Mother's Day". That's right. So sad. I don't even want to think about it or talk about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment