I finally got to it and did it.
That's my Mother talking. Like Brett, she's got this arsenal of phrases that make you want to grind your teeth or tell her she makes perfect sense.
I waited until the final working hour in the day today and got a 'machine'. After feeding Colin, I tried again and got "ICC, Alyse speaking." ...I finally told my boss I am not returning followed by an apology for the unprofessionalism over the phone. Without skipping a beat she told me she was happy for me, kinda figured with each passing week, and kept reiterating "anytime you want a break and have someone to watch the kids, you're welcome to come in as I'll always have a project with your name on it". :) So after 10 years (!) at my first job out of college, where I've shared the news of my engagement & the coming of three children, where I've climbed an accounting corporate ladder without an accounting degree or cpa (bs in mgmt) & learned ... a heck of a lot about work and nonwork things, I can't believe I actually just packed it in for another chapter. Alyse was my boss for the past 8 years so inevidably we developed a relationship. At times, a love/hate one but she was a mentor nonetheless. Which in part was why this was a difficult phonecall to make.
So now I have a new boss, 3 actually.
Friday, March 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Congrats on the new official chapter
Ugh! Amanda's the same way she's got her "arsenal of phrases that make you want to grind your teeth or tell her she makes perfect sense." Like, "Poo in a shoe" when something's really to her disliking. UGH!!!
Post a Comment