Photobucket

Saturday, August 26, 2006

P is for Picasso


I for one have always loved to draw, color, bake, do little crafty things... At age 5/6, I was the youngest in a 'big kids' art class but could keep up with everyone so was allowed in; later, was always on the winning Pictionary team (uh, the reason); in middle & highschools I was chosen to participate in several advanced art programs outside of school (toot-toot), naturally I chose to work in Accouting.

So when my first born was a toddler and showed signs that he clearly did not posess my art gene, let alone much of an interest (took after his father), I was a bit surprised maybe even disappointed... Parenting lesson #332,154. But now look at him! I don't care how much these look like uh, no one, they make me smile every time he does one. "That's a bad guy!" "That's a monster." or today's (no picture, left as a gift to Big GM) "That's his mouth inside another mouth!" (Ingenious Aiden!)


I could have been the cause back then- holding him back; what was I drawing with him? Animals & flowers I think? Maybe an occasional Dora, of course holiday things. I'm a Mom to a boy(s) how could I have forgotten, I should have been showing him bad guys, monsters, pirates (he LOVES to draw treasure maps!), and superheros! Either way doesn't matter now, he's already gotten it on his own. Parenting lesson #332,410.

No comments: